"Our aim is to know Christ and to make Him known"


Holy Trinity east Window



Holy Trinity's 1910 Organ



The Font and view from the front of Holy Trinity
 
Holy Trinity

Holy Trinity on Newbold Road (pictured right) was built to meet the needs of local people who could not all fit into the existing Parish Church of St Mary and All Saints.


The laying of the foundation stone took place on Wednesday May 17, 1837 and seems to have been a joyous occasion as, "The cheerful pealing of the bells of the parish church was in harmony with the general feeling " From 11.00 am people began congregating in the town's New Square in anticipation of the arrival of the Duke of Devonshire who was to lay the stone.


The church clock and bell are dated 1837. The organ, surrounded by oak panelling dates back to about 1910 and was built by Blackett & Howden of Newcastle on Tyne. The oak lectern has been in the church since the 1950's.

In 1871 a memorial window was installed to the memory of the first Rector, Revd A Poole. This is in what is now the kitchen, along with a plaque to the memory of his wife.

The stained glass window in the chancel was erected to the memory of George Stephenson and his entwined initials can be seen several times in the design.
     
     

For further info or to enquire about weddings and baptisms contact:

Revd. David Horsfall

Tel: 01246 220860

djhorsfall@hotmail.com


Holy Trinity Rectory
31 Newbold Road
Chesterfield
S41 7PG